Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hope, Hopeless. Peace, War. What next?





Think Creatively!
I used some techniques to make my collage look good and creative. I made a gun shape with Styrofoam to make the gun stand out because I wanted to show how the war effected Lost Boys through their life. I thought that gun is one of the thing that represent war. I also cut the map of africa in to half because I wanted to show that Sudan was split into half, North Sudan and South Sudan because of the civil war that happened in Sudan for over 20 years. I also put some lost boys who are abandoned to show sympathy and empathy from the audience.
Reason Critically!
I didn't really use text for my collage. However, I think that the picture with union and war child shows lost boys are hoping for union between North and South Sudan. War child shows that they are now suffering from war and some of the children are being genocide by the North Sudanese. As they are suffering, some of them were forced to migrate to different countries and some had to stepped migrate. South Sudanese had to suffer from these and had hard life.
Communicate Effectively!
My collage shows that how much Lost Boys are suffering from war and they are hopeless now. This shows awareness of the situation that South Sudanese are going through. This also reminds people how tragic life the Lost boys had to go through.
Live Ethically!
I think that my memoir and especially my pictures in the collage demonstrate empathy of the Lost boys because I put pictures that I much they suffered from war and what conflict they have now for people who resettled in America. I hope that my collage might evoke people's heart and mind to find more about them and help them in variety ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment